Friday, May 22, 2009

The City Spoileth Me

I'm out of the city for a day or two in a rural/suburban area of upstate NY. Every time I go somewhere like this I wonder how so many of you are able to keep up your running the way you do.  Seriously, the roads here have no shoulders and there are enough cars going by to make it unpleasant and concerning if you're trying to run anyway that you are either going to have hop into a ditch or risk getting mowed down. And somewhere along the run there is destined to be a big dog chasing you, and I worry about the little poodles with their owners nearby in Central Park. People always assume there must be nice running when you're out in the "country" but seriously I am so spoiled to have New York City to run in. I really don't know if I would be a runner if I had grown up somewhere else. So I'm in awe of all of you who have to deal with some of these problems on your daily run and still manage to log consistent high mileage and speed workouts. Carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment